Trade liberalisation as a business booster
The China International Import Expo is the first fair for consumer and industrial goods of this kind and part of the country’s new opening policy. The aim is to facilitate for Chinese people the access to foreign goods. On 240,000m², the fair offers the opportunity for active exchange to around 150,000 visitors and over 1,000 exhibitors – including a broad conference programme with high-ranking experts from the international logistics world.
The Rail Cargo Group will take advantage of the opportunity to make contact with Chinese customers and partners on the fair and will present the latest products and connections. In addition to our most recent train products called “TransFER”, our highlight will of course be the TransANT, our revolutionary platform car, which we will of course also present to our Chinese customers.
One Belt One Road
The connections on the New Silk Road have immense potential. For the RCG, the connection to the maritime and continental Silk Road enables further growth. At the same time, the RCG is making a significant contribution to the further development of the Austrian export economy by promoting its Chinese traffic.
But what benefits does the New Silk Road have for Austria? The New Silk Road creates an enormous and rapidly growing market for the Austrian economy. The transport time between China and Europe (and vice versa of course) will be reduced – by up to 10 days. In addition, rail transport is environmentally friendly, cheaper than air freight and faster than by ship.
- Opening Cermony: 05.11.2018 with the Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Hungarian President Viktor Orban, the Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Anatolyevich Medwedew, the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund Christin Lagarde, Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs Margarete Schramböck, ÖBB CEO Andreas Matthä as well as RCG board member Thomas Kargl
- Opening of the Austrian Pavilion by Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs Margarete Schramböck
- RCG opening: 06.11.2018 with Andreas Matthä & Thomas Kargl
- Terminal BILK Presentation of the RCH at the stand of the CECZ (Chinese-Hungarian Chamber of Commerce)
- Appointments with different cooperation partners
- Visit of the Huawei company headquarters
Impressions 1st China International Import Expo
The Rail Cargo Group is located in Hall 1, at “Trade in Services”, i.e. at the retail service providers. In Hall 2 you can find the automobile exhibitors, Halls 3 and 4 host intelligent high-end equipment, Hall 6 is dedicated to consumer goods and Halls 7 and 8 offer everything for the food and agricultural sectors.
Shanghai and its culinary delights
Lovers of the Asian cuisine will find what they are looking for in this megacity. For little money you can sip a bowl of handmade noodles or bite into juicy xialongbao dumplings and then enjoy the nightly illuminated pudong cocktails and fusion cuisine on a roof bar at the Bund with a view over the Huangpu. Shanghai’s cuisine is strongly influenced by the neighboring provinces of the city. Many of the techniques, ingredients and flavours used come from the much older cities of Yangzhou, Suzhou and Hangzhou. The dishes generally have more sweetness and oil than in other parts of China. Sharp spice is frowned upon in Shanghai cuisine.
The architectural landmarks of the Bund, the shaky charm of the Old Town and the green alleys of the former French concession – Shanghai is a place of contrasts. As an international hub, Shanghai is the perfect place to get in touch with business partners.